Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Shattered!!

Having never read a book written by Dani Pettrey, I wondered what style of writer she would be, whether I would be captivated by the end of the first two pages, how the characters would be portrayed, and if I would be wasting my time? I was completely happy with the answers to all of the above questions!

I have to say that I was totally engrossed in the book by the end of the first page, the characters were well developed, and I don’t regret reading this book at all. Ms. Pettrey has a phenomenal narrative/conversational style that is both suspenseful and colorful.

I did not read the first book of the series “Submerged” before reading this book, so I don’t think you’d have to read them in order, although it may make more sense in some aspects.

Piper and Landon Grainger go way back. Piper has been in love with Landon for a long time, and he with her, but each one thinks that the other wants nothing to do with them.

Piper’s younger brother, Reef, gets framed for the murder of his girlfriend. Piper determines that he is innocent and Landon has to quit his job as detective to help solve the crime.

Will Piper and Landon finally be able to put aside all the questions and pent up frustrations and find the love they both so desperately want? Will they find out who actually killed Ashley Clarke? Was it really Reef?

You will enjoy reading “Shattered;” Book 2 of the Alaskan Courage series written by Dani Pettrey!

My Rating: 5 stars

Note: I was given a free e-copy of this book for review by Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Company, and Net Galley. A positive review is not required, only and honest opinion. The comments and opinions are my own.

No comments :