Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Christ is Not a Disappointment

I have found no satisfaction in the fleeting joys of earth
I have hewed me broken cisterns that have mocked me by their dearth
All the springs my soul have tested failed to meet my deepest need
Christ, alone, has met my longing, He has satisfied indeed!

Refrain:
Christ is not a disappointment! every longing in my breast
Finds in Him complete fulfillment, He has brought me into rest
I have tested Him, and proved Him more than all I dreamed He'd be
Christ is not a disappointment, He is all in all to me

I have tried the world for pleasure but it would not satisfy
Tho' it promised much it failed me, all its wealth and springs were dry
Everything I tried was empty and I thought my life was vain
But He came and tuned my heartstrings and I've learned to sing again

I was tempted not to trust Him for so many things had failed
But so patiently He waited and His tenderness prevailed
So I swung my heart's door open and His promises I tried
Christ is not a disappointment, He has fully satisfied!

- C.W. Waggoner
Copyright 1921. Renewed 1948 and 1955 by Lillenas Publishing Co.

No comments :