Friday, September 16, 2011

Deer Magnet...

So I've come to the conclusion over the last two weeks that I must be a deer magnet! Yep, you guessed it :) I was driving to an appointment on the first Saturday in September when I hit a deer and totaled my car. Then this past Weds. night on the way to church, a deer jumped out of the cornfield, over the fence, and into the front of our rental car before we even saw it! Thankfully, James and I are both fine :) We have been enjoying having Rachel (James' sister) visit on the weekends. She moved to Laramie, WY (about 2 hrs away) to attend the University of Wyoming. I know that it has helped James deal with his homesickness better. Those two are like two peas in a pod :) Our days and nights are getting colder and colder here. Lots of fog and dew in the mornings, and someone said it snowed on Weds night! I didn't see it, but of course I was sleeping :) It certainly didn't stick around very long.... I've been unpacking more boxes lately...threw away TONS of old school papers! (I'm like my Daddy :) We're pack rats! I've got stuff from High School! LOL) Anyways...hopefully I'll get all of it sorted and not keep things I can live without (and have for the last few years!) :) It's amazing what old memories I'm digging up :) Oh well....

3 comments :

Leah said...

I check every once in awhile to see if you have updated your blog! :)) I'm glad Rachel is out there and you all have been able to spend time together! Miss and love you all!

Kimberly said...

Thanks :) Did you see the post about the laundry soap? I think you were the one that asked about the recipe.... Miss and love you all too! Take care :)

Pamela said...

We totaled our van in June when a deer hit us. Frightening--it just happens so fast. Glad you are all okay.